Work with some of the best outdoor photography in the world! Aurora Photos, an independent international photography agency located in Portland, Maine, seeks a motivated, energetic, detail oriented individual to join the Aurora Team and manage our digital workflow and photographic submissions process. This is a full-time hands-on position, requiring the individual to immerse themselves in our workflow process.
– Process and track photographer and supplier agency submissions
– Guide photographers through the technical aspects of submitting and communicate with them to fix errors
– Update captions, keywords and other metadata
– Distribute Aurora images and metadata to partner agencies and play a role in managing those relationships
– Manage back-end systems for asset and content management
– Provide technical assistance to sales team for image delivery
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of digital media industry / digital asset management experience.
- A passion and respect for photography.
- Strong organizational skills, but beyond that, the right candidate needs to love and live for organization, crunching numbers and managing details.
- Must be a team player, who has the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and experience working with photographers.
- Understand the fundamentals of a developing business whose website is both its number one sales and marketing tool and where the digital process and workflow is the sole foundation.
- A basic understanding of intellectual property rights and commercial stock photography marketplace is helpful.
- A love of and interest in the outdoors and outdoor activity is a definite plus.
– Experience with Macintosh OS
– Strong working knowledge of Excel or Numbers
– Experience working with asset management programs such as Photomechanic or Adobe Bridge
- Knowledge of image formatting, color profiles, file formats, and what makes a good digital image.
- Knowledge of IPTC and metadata standards
- Photoshop retouching skills a plus.
– Familiarity with Filemaker Pro, MYSQL or other database experience a plus
This position is full time located in Portland, Maine
Annual salary commensurate with prior experience
Aurora Photos pays 50% of medical and dental plan
3 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
401k plan available
Please email a letter of introduction, resume and 3 references in PDF format to email@example.com